Autopia Tours: Perth to Monkey Mia 4 Day Coastal Loop (Basic Dorm Share)
- Duration: 4 Days (approx.)
- Product code: MM4-B
***We're sorry for the inconvenience, this tour is under refurbishment and currently not available***
This fare price is a (Per Person) suitable for Adults 18+ over in a Shared Dormitory Room. Not suitable for children 17 years and under.
TOUR CODE: MM4-B --- Basic Hostel Accommodation (Dormitory Share)
OPERATES: FRIDAYS (*seasonal)
TOUR DURATION: 4 Days / 3 Nights
MAIN PICKUP LOCATION & TIME: Criterion Hotel - 560 Hay St, Perth at 7:25am.
- Experience Monkey Mia’s beautiful beaches and wild resident dolphins
- Wander through the ancient rock formations of the Pinnacles desert in Nambung National Park
- Stunning bush hikes with an abundance of wildlife, sea turtles, dugongs, emus and more.
- Uncover the natural wonders of Kalbarri National Park and Skywalk
- Geraldton stop, if conditions permit visit the unique pink lake (seasonal, not guaranteed)
- Early morning hike to Nature’s Window, The Z-Bend and cliff top views of Murchison Gorge
- Take a stroll along Shell Beach made from millions of tiny cockle shells
- See the oldest living fossils, known as The Stromatolites
Discover for yourself what makes this part of Australia so special by joining our Coastal Loop tour from Perth to Monkey Mia. We head to the World Heritage listed gateways of Kalbarri and Shark Bay, with accessible wildlife such as dolphins playing in the surf at Monkey Mia and eye-opening rock formations, you’ll be blown away by what we’ve managed to fit into this trip.
Day 1: Perth - Kalbarri
We begin our adventure with a guided tour through the strange and eerie Pinnacles Desert, before enjoying lunch by the sea at Jurien Bay and journey up Indian Ocean Drive for some stunning coastal views. Stopping off at the must-see attraction just outside of Geraldton, known as the Pink Lake located off the coral coast highway. (time permitting) Stay overnight in the sleepy seaside town of Kalbarri, where the Murchison River flows out into the Indian Ocean. Meals: Lunch & Dinner. Accom: Kalbarri YHA Backpackers Shared Dorm (with shared bathroom) or similar alternative. Driving Distance: 575km. Hike Distance: 2km.
Day 2: Kalbarri - Monkey Mia
Early start to catch a glimpse of the marvels of The Murchison Gorge, Nature’s Window or the Kalbarri Skywalk at sunrise. Visit the marvels of The Murchison Gorge and Z-Bend in Kalbarri National Park where water has carved its way through sandstone. Here you have the option to try abseiling (additional cost). Witness bright pops of colour here during wildflower season (spring). Visit the famous Billabong Roadhouse for refreshments and lunch (at guests own expense), this iconic landmark has been serving WA visitors since 1962. From here, we visit the remarkable living fossils known as The Stromatolites located within the World Heritage Listed Shark Bay. Then it’s on to Monkey Mia where we will stay right by the beach with resident dolphins living closeby at Monkey Mia Dolphin Resort. Meals: Breakfast & Dinner. Accom: RAC Monkey Mia Dolphin Resort Backpackers Dorm (with shared bathroom) or similar alternative. Driving Distance: 450km. Hike Distance: 3-4km.
Day 3: Monkey Mia - Geraldton
This morning we will meet the famous Monkey Mia Dolphins and get some up close and amazing photos. Choose to hire a Kayak and go for a paddle (optional extra), chill out on the beach or at the resort or search for turtles, dugongs, emus and kangaroos all who call this region home! Check out the spectacular cliff views overlooking Denham at Eagle Bluff. Take a stroll along a beach made entirely of tiny shells followed by lunch. We then head south towards our final overnight stay by the seaside in Geraldton. The group will enjoy their final dinner together at The Murchison Tavern, discounted meals will be available at guests own expense. Meals: Breakfast & Lunch. Accom: Geraldton Backpackers on the Foreshore Shared Dormitory (with shared bathroom) or similar alternative. Driving Distance: 385km. Hike Distance: 2km.
*Due to extensive cyclone damage in 2021 Northbrook Farmstay is closed and an alternative accommodation provider in the region has been sourced. Geraldton Backpackers on the Foreshore has kindly offered to host us, until such time as the property can be rebuilt.
Day 4: Geraldton - Perth
Enjoy the HMAS Sydney Memorial with stunning views of Geraldton. Take a walk along the 3 bay walk at Green Head before wandering amongst the sand dunes of Lancelin. If you’re feeling adventurous, try out sandboarding for a bit of fun! Return to Perth late afternoon. Kick back and relax on the bus for the last stretch, take in the last views of the scenic countryside before making our way back towards Perth, with drop off starting around 5:00pm. Meals: Breakfast. Driving Distance: 465km.
*A moderate to advanced level of fitness is required to complete the walks.INCLUSIONS:
- Includes: 3 x Breakfast, 2 x Lunch, 2 x Dinner
- 3 nights dorm share accommodation - with shared bathroom (Kalbarri, Monkey Mia, Geraldton)
- Select inner city pick up and drop off points
- Admission to all National Parks
- Dolphin experience fees
- Guided walks (~4km total)
- Australian wildlife sightings, in the wild!
- Experienced driver guide
- Air-conditioned mini-coach travel
- Comprehensive tour commentary
(vegetarian & gluten free options available on-request)
- Any meals not indicated - personal expenses
- Additional tours, activities and hire equipment
- Travel insurance is highly recommended
2L Refillable water bottle, hat, sunglasses & sunscreen, towel & toiletries, bathers or swimwear, all-weather clothing (extreme conditions day/night), comfortable walking shoes, closed shoes, 15kg overnight bag & small day pack, flashlight, headlamp or torch, insect repellent & camera, recharge power bank, money for snack and meals, a sense of adventure!
This fare price is a (Per Person) suitable for Adults 18+ over in a Shared Dormitory Room. Children aged between 6 to 17 years old are required to stay in standard private accommodation and must be accompanied by a legal guardian or adult. Private accommodation upgrades are available on a different product listing, subject to availability. This tour is not suitable for infants or children 5 years and under.
The weather in Western Australia can fluctuate and be extreme at times. It is not unheard of for temperatures to reach over 40+ degrees Celsius during the day and in the evening the temperature drops dramatically. Please ensure you have checked the average temperatures for the time of year you are travelling and have packed adequate clothing. In the event of rain or inclement weather, your experience will still go ahead, unless contacted by the provider.
THINGS TO KNOW:
- A moderate to advanced level of fitness is required to complete the walks. Walks can be up to 4km in length, often over steep and rocky sections and in direct sunlight. Length of walks may vary and will be at the guide’s discretion.
- Guests are asked to participate in the preparation of meals, clean up and vehicle unpack/loading, so everyone can relax together after a long day touring. It’s also a great way to get to know and connect with your fellow travellers.
- A similar alternative will be provided should our normal scheduled stops be closed for any reason.
- Limited storage space on our buses, acceptable baggage 1 x 15-20kg bag and 1 small day pack.
- Please notify the provider of any dietary requirements, medical conditions and your travelling contact number at the time of booking.
- Blockout period or limited availability of accommodation upgrades from 25DEC-08FEB and 09APR-14APR.