Autopia Tours: Perth to Exmouth Explorer 7 Day (Basic Dorm Share)
- Duration: 7 Days (approx.)
- Product code: PXR7-B
This fare price is (Per Person) suitable for Adults 18+ over in a Shared Dormitory Room. Not suitable for children 17 years and under.
TOUR CODE: PXR7-B --- Basic Hostel Accommodation (Dormitory Share)
OPERATES: FRIDAYS (*seasonal)
TOUR DURATION: 7 Days / 6 Nights
MAIN PICKUP LOCATION & TIME: Criterion Hotel, 560 Hay Street, Perth @ 7:25am
- Wonder at the limestone outcrops of The Pinnacles in Nambung National Park
- Uncover the beauty and adventure of Kalbarri National Park and valley views from the Skywalk
- Early morning hike to Nature’s Window, The Z-Bend and cliff top views of Murchison Gorge
- Visit the World Heritage Listed Shark Bay, to experience a wild dolphin encounter at Monkey Mia
- Stroll along Shell Beach made entirely of tiny white cockle shells and oldest living fossils, The Stromatolites
- Snorkel the Ningaloo Reef and discover the underwater world of Coral Bay
- Opportunity to swim with Manta Rays or Whalesharks
- Relax & unwind in the clear waters of Turquoise Bay
- Guided tour of Cape Range National Park with spectacular lighthouse views
Discover why Western Australia is a nature lovers’ paradise. Become an Exmouth Explorer and experience the many wonders of the World Heritage Listed Ningaloo Reef.
As you journey through the idyllic West Coast you will experience a totally different side to Australia, a region many are yet to discover! Start your adventure in the most remote capital city of Perth before heading north into the nature lovers’ paradise that is Western Australia. Hike down to the banks of the Murchison River and peek through Nature’s Window into an ancient gorge. For those seeking a unique view over the gorge, there’ll also be an opportunity to test your abseil skills (own expense). A visit to the World Heritage Listed region of Shark Bay will leave you in awe of the beauty of nature. Here you can marvel at a beach made entirely of tiny shells, meet the world’s oldest living fossils, the stromatolites, and witness dolphins playing just offshore at Monkey Mia.
The region is not only home to around 2000 dolphins but also turtles, dugongs, kangaroos, and emus! Be amazed by your visit to the World Heritage Listed Ningaloo Reef, known for its diverse marine life, manta rays, and whale shark visitors! Stay overnight in Coral Bay, a town right by the beach which boasts coral so close to shore you can swim out to view it. Or join a tour in search of whale sharks or manta rays. Whether you choose to join a boat tour or simply relax on the beach, the pristine beaches and turquoise waters here will leave a truly lasting impression.
We follow the road as far north as Exmouth Cape, a place where rugged mountains flow almost down to the sea. Stand atop Vlamingh Head at the lighthouse for views over the reef and ranges. In spring, you may even spot the migrating humpback and whalesharks as they go by. Complete your tour of the Cape with a visit to the snorkelling haven of Turquoise Bay. From Exmouth, we make our way back down towards Perth stopping for many comfort breaks and seaside stops. Take this last opportunity for you to solidify new friendships and reflect on your adventure together.
Day 1: Perth - Kalbarri
Kick off your adventure with a guided tour through the Pinnacles Desert in Nambung National Park, before enjoying lunch by the sea at Jurien Bay and journey up Indian Ocean Drive for some stunning coastal views. Stopping off at the must-see attraction just outside of Geraldton, known as the Pink Lake located off the coral coast highway (conditions permitting). Then it’s on to the seaside town of Kalbarri for our overnight accommodation. Meals: Lunch & Dinner. Accom: Kalbarri YHA Backpackers Shared Dormitory (with shared bathroom) or similar alternative. Driving Distance: 575km. Hike Distance: 2km.
Day 2: Kalbarri - Monkey Mia
Rise early for a magical start to the day, with a photo opportunity at sunrise at either Nature’s Window or the Kalbarri Skywalk. Visit the marvels of The Murchison Gorge and Z-Bend in Kalbarri National Park where water has carved its way through sandstone. Witness bright pops of colour here during wildflower season (spring). We then travel on to the famous Billabong Roadhouse for refreshments and lunch (at guests own expense), this iconic landmark has been serving WA visitors since 1962. Great healthy meal options to choose from plenty of gluten free alternatives. From here, we visit the remarkable living fossils known as The Stromatolites located within the World Heritage Listed Shark Bay. Then it’s on to Monkey Mia for our accommodation by the beach. Meals: Breakfast & Dinner. Accom: RAC Monkey Mia Dolphin Resort Backpackers Shared Dormitory (with shared bathroom) or similar alternative. Options: Kalbarri Abseiling Z-Bend (suspended until late 2022). Driving Distance: 450km. Hike Distance: 3km.
Day 3: Monkey Mia - Coral Bay
This morning meet the famous Monkey Mia Dolphins and get some amazing photos. Enjoy chill out time on the beach here or enjoy a coffee at the restaurant before we get back on the road in the morning. Check out the spectacular cliff views overlooking Denham at Eagle Bluff. Take a stroll along a beach made entirely of tiny shells followed by lunch. Before heading off to settling into our accommodation in Coral Bay, located right on the famous Ningaloo Reef. Meals: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner. Accom: Ningaloo Coral Bay Backpackers Shared Dormitory (with shared bathroom) or similar alternative. Driving Distance: 580km. Hike Distance: 2km.
Day 4: Coral Bay - Exmouth
You’ll have most of the day to explore the Ningaloo Reef, Australia’s largest Fringe reef, at your own leisure. Choose to join a boat tour or enjoy free time to experience the beautiful beaches Coral Bay has to offer. Go for a stroll on the beach and check out the shark nursery, swim with the manta rays (additional cost) or go for a snorkel on the Ningaloo Reef only metres from shore. This evening we take the short drive up the peninsula to Exmouth and check into our accommodation for two nights in the town centre. Meals: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner. Accom: Potshot Hotel Resort Backpackers Shared Dormitory (with shared bathroom) or similar alternative. Options: Swim with Manta Rays, Snorkel Ningaloo Reef, Glass Bottom Boat Tours. Driving Distance: 155km.
Day 5: Exmouth
Today we explore Cape Range National Park, a spectacular place of rugged limestone ranges, breathtaking deep canyons and 50km of pristine beaches. Relax on the beach or choose to go snorkelling at the stunning Turquoise Bay, before finishing the tour in the early afternoon in time for lunch. Free time in the afternoon to explore the township of Exmouth only a 500 meter walk from our accommodation or sit back and enjoy the pool at our accommodation. Or choose to join a whaleshark or humpback swim tour and spend the day meeting some of the Ningaloo Reef’s most famous visitors (at guests own expense and seasonal). Visit Vlamingh Head Lighthouse at sunset. Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner. Accom: Potshot Hotel Resort Backpackers Shared Dormitory (with shared bathroom) or similar alternative. Options: Whaleshark or Humpback Swim (pre-booking required). Driving Distance: 135km. Hike Distance: 1km.
Day 6: Exmouth - Geraldton
Visit the town of Carnarvon and one of the local banana or mango plantations (seasonal). Enjoy lunch on the waterfront of Carnarvon, before stopping off for a photo opportunity overlooking the Murchison River. Refreshments stop along the way at Billabong for coffee & ice-creams. Before arriving at our final overnight destination in Geraldton. The group will enjoy their final dinner together at The Murchison Tavern after a long day of driving, discounted meals available at guests' own expense. Meals: Breakfast, Lunch. Accom: Geraldton Backpackers on the Foreshore Shared Dormitory (with shared bathroom) or similar alternative. Driving Distance: 785km.
*Due to extensive cyclone damage in 2021 Northbrook Farmstay is closed and an alternative accommodation provider in the region has been sourced. Geraldton Backpackers on the Foreshore has kindly offered to host us, until such time as the property can be rebuilt.
Day 7: Geraldton - Perth
Enjoy the HMAS Sydney Memorial with stunning views of Geraldton. Take a walk along the 3 bay walk at Green Head before wandering amongst the sand dunes of Lancelin. If you’re feeling adventurous, try out sandboarding for a bit of fun! Return to Perth late afternoon. Kick back and relax on the bus for the last stretch, take in the last views of the scenic countryside before making our way back towards Perth, with drop off starting around 5:00pm. Meals: Breakfast. Driving Distance: 465km.
- 6 Nights’ dorm share accommodation - with shared bathroom (Kalbarri, Monkey Mia, Coral Bay, Exmouth, Geraldton)
- Includes 6 x Breakfast, 5 x Lunch, 5 x Dinner
- Admission to all National Parks
- Dolphin experience fees
- Guided walks (~6-8km total)
- Australian wildlife sightings, in the wild!
- Hosted by an experienced driver-guide
- Air-conditioned mini-coach travel
- Comprehensive tour commentary
- Select inner-city pickup and drop off points
- Any meals not indicated - personal expenses
- Additional tours, activities and hire equipment
- Travel insurance is highly recommended
2L Refillable water bottle, hat, sunglasses & sunscreen, towel & toiletries, bathers or swimwear, all-weather clothing (extreme conditions day/night), comfortable sturdy hiking shoes, closed shoes, 15kg overnight bag & small day pack, flashlight, headlamp or torch, insect repellent & camera, recharge power bank, money for snack and meals, a sense of adventure.
This fare price is (Per Person) suitable for Adults 18+ over in a Shared Dormitory Room. Children aged between 6 to 17 years old are required to stay in standard private accommodation and must be accompanied by a legal guardian or adult. Private accommodation upgrades are available on a different product listing, subject to availability. This tour is not suitable for infants or children 5 years and under.
The weather in Western Australia can be extreme. It is not unheard of for temperatures to reach over 40+ degrees Celsius in summer and can get below zero overnight in winter. Please ensure you have checked the average temperatures for the time of year you are travelling and have packed adequate clothing. In the event of rain or inclement weather, your experience will still go ahead, unless contacted by the provider.
THINGS TO KNOW:
- This fare price is (Per Person) suitable for Adults 18+ over in a Shared Dormitory Room. Not suitable for children 17 years and under.
- A moderate to advanced level of fitness is required to complete the walks. Walks can be up to 6-8km in length, often over steep and rocky sections and in direct sunlight. Length of walks may vary and will be at the guide’s discretion.
- Guests are asked to participate in the preparation of meals, clean up and vehicle unpack/loading, so everyone can relax together after a long day touring. It’s also a great way to get to know and connect with your fellow travellers.
- A similar alternative will be provided should our normal scheduled stops be closed for any reason.
- Ensure you pack appropriately for the season in which you are traveling, temperatures in Western Australia can be extreme from day to night.
- Limited storage space on our buses, acceptable baggage 1 x 20kg bag and 1 small day pack.
- Please notify the provider of any dietary requirements, medical conditions and your travelling contact number at the time of booking.