A Taste of the Wairarapa – Wairarapa Wine Delights Tour
- Duration: 7 Hours (approx.)
- Product code: ATOMWDT
After picking you up from Wellington we work our way up the Hutt Valley to our first stop at the Remutaka mountain range summit, 555 metres above sea level where we view the Remutaka Crossing monument commemorating 60,000 New Zealand troops who made the crossing from the military camp in Featherston to the Port of Wellington between 1915 and 1918.
From the summit it’s about a 60 minute drive up to our first winery of the day in Masterton where we visit Le Gra Vineyard for tastings and a beautifully prepared platter lunch featuring local produce.
After lunch we head south to the Gladstone area where will visit either Johner Estate Winery, Gladstone Vineyard or Cottier Estate.
After our visit to the Gladstone region it’s just a short drive south east to the Pinot Noir Capital of the North Island – Martinborough where we will have tastings at a further 2 wineries. My selected wineries are a choice of Tiwaiwaka Wines, Grava, Alexander Vineyard, Haythornthwaite Winery, Poppies Martinborough, Moy Hall, Coney Wines, Escarpment and Tirohana Estate.
At one of the wineries we also get an opportunity to have an in-depth chat with the Wine maker/Owner during a private tour of the winery.
Upon completing our wine tastings at the last winery we will have time to wander around the lovely village of Martinborough which has a variety of boutique gifts and clothing shops.
Alternatively a visit to Martinborough’s only Craft Brewery may tempt your taste buds!
We depart for Wellington around 3pm getting back to your selected drop off location around 5:00pm.
Bottled New Zealand spring water, lunch, tastings and entry fees.
Key points to note:
- Itinerary subject to change.
- A visit to the Martinborough Craft Brewery is at the guests expense.
- If any guest has a specific, alternate winery they wish to go to this can be arranged in advance by completing and submitting the 'Contact Us' form.
- This tour is not available for those under 18 years of age.
- If you have any specific dietary requirements please complete and submit the 'Contact Us' form.
- No tours during major Martinborough events including Martinborough Fair, Round the Vines and Toast Martinborough.